Jesus Ramos vs Brian Mendoza

Jesus Ramos vs Brian Mendoza tops PBC on FOX card, September 5th

Undefeated rising star Jesus “Mono” Ramos Jr. will duel super welterweight contender Brian Mendoza in a 10-round showdown of The Armory in Minneapolis on Sunday, September 5th, featuring FOX PBC Fight Night and FOX Deportes.

The FOX PBC Fight Night starts at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT and features up-and-coming lightweight contender Starling “El Poli” Castillo battling former title challenger Juan Carlos Burgos in the 10-round Costar event and middleweight contender Armando “El Toro” Reséndiz, who the transfer against the action-packed Marcos “Madman” Hernandez in a. initiates a 10-round fight.

Tickets for the event promoted by TGB Promotions and Warriors Boxing are on sale now and can be purchased from The Armory at http://ArmoryMN.com/ and through Ticketmaster.

“Jesus Ramos is ready to reach the next level of rising boxing stars and will seek to make great strides toward his goal in a tough test against Brian Mendoza,” said Tom Brown, President of TGB Promotions. “Fantastic fight fans at The Armory in Minneapolis will experience a night of rising young stars from start to finish, when Lightweight Starling Castillo and Middleweight Armando Reséndiz stand in for tough matches against Juan Carlos Burgos and Marcos Hernández, respectively. Sunday September 5th will be a must-see action lineup live in prime time on FOX. ”

Ramos (16-0, 14 KOs), the nephew of welterweight candidate Abel Ramos, has paved his way to fame with outstanding KOs. Most recently, he dominated Javier Molina on his way to a 10-round unanimous decision victory in May. Before this fight, he had won five knockout victories in a row after his only other professional fight that had come to the distance, which was decided unanimously against Kevin Shacks in June 2019. He steadily increased the hardness of the competition in 2020 and continued this trend in 2021 with Molina and now Mendoza.

“I’ve had a great training ground for this fight so far,” said Ramos. “I feel a lot stronger, a lot more mature and I feel like I’ve learned a lot from my last fight that I’m putting into this camp. I expect a tough fight from Mendoza. I’m sure it will come to.” win and take it all. ” I won, but I’ll make sure I don’t. You have to tune in on September 5th because it will be fine! ”

Mendoza (19-1, 13 KOs) achieved the best win of his career in his last outing and defeated veteran contender Thomas LaManna unanimously in August 2020. The 27-year-old has been fighting professionally since 2014, and his only loss is It was decided by a close split against Larry Gomez in November 2019. Mendoza was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he won two New Mexico Gold Gloves Championships as an amateur and is currently fighting in Las Vegas.

“I have been training in the gym non-stop preparing for an opportunity like this,” said Mendoza. “I’ve learned a lot and I think it’s time the world saw the fighter I’ve become. I can’t wait to show my skills. Don’t miss this fight on September 5th, it will be explosive. ”

Castillo (15-0, 12 KOs), 25, scored a brilliant knockout on his US debut in July, defeating the undefeated Miguel Contreras in the second round. Castillo was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and turned pro in 2017 and has won in his last four fights through Aug.

“I’m very honored to be fighting on a great platform like FOX,” said Castillo. “It is humiliating to perform under the bright light and I can’t wait. My team and I have worked very hard and we are very focused on Burgos. We’ll be prepared for whatever he wants to throw at me on fight night. ”

Hailing from Tijuana, Mexico (34-5-2, 21 KOs), Burgos has seen an impressive round of top fighters over the course of his extensive career, including World Cup bouts against Mikey Garcia and Hozumi Hasegawa and a £ 130 tie let. Title win against Román Martínez. The 33-year-old finished the decisions in challenges of undefeated champion Devin Haney in 2018 and undefeated Hector Tanajara in January 2020 at the short end. Most recently, he lost a decision against undefeated challenger Xavier Martinez in May.

“I have to take this fight,” said Burgos. “The training is going very well and everything is on the right track for the night of the fight. My only goal is to win and make Mexico proud and at the same time show that I am still the right person.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *